There are many opportunities to volunteer: at the camp during the summer, at the camp helping with upkeep and projects, and/or joining the Board. We need dynamic, experienced and knowledgeable Board and Team members to complete our small retiring group of dedicated individuals.
Camp Wohlelo has been very well cared for over the years by volunteers. There is upkeep and several much needed projects that require volunteers to be fulfilled.
Please help support the Mission Statement and Focus of Camp Wohelo.
Support Camp Wohelo’s Work
There are always projects, big and small! Fellow volunteers are very special and valued by us.
We welcome you to contact us for more information. Thank you!
The mission of Camp Wohelo is to discover and celebrate our natural best.
Which means… we provide a natural setting for people of all ages to discover and develop their spiritual, recreational and relational gifts.
FOCUS OF THE SOCIETY
To use the facility year round to fulfill our Mission Statement, Values and Vision, and to include as many people, from all walks of life, as possible.
- We honour our founding women’s lead, the CGIT Purpose…”Cherish Health, Seek Truth, Know God (we promote and lead by example the acceptance and respect for all spiritual journeys, religions and beliefs) and Serve Others”…
- We believe that all programs should be based on the values of – love, acceptance, and respect.
- We believe that providing summer camps for girls, young women, and families is a priority.
- We believe in providing an environment that is safe in every way – physical, spiritual, emotional, mental.
- We believe that it is important to experience fun and friendship in a natural setting.
- We believe in preserving the natural setting.